Hot Box is an insulated bag in which anything can be cooked, from delicious stews and curries to simple rice and soups. You boil your pot of food on the stove, or on the sun stove, starting the cooking process, and then place it in the Hot Box.
Hot Box's clever insulating properties allow food that has been brought to the boil to finish cooking while in the bag without the use of additional energy. So, families can cook appetizing hot meals, while saving energy - and money.
With hot box, one can cook a meal and leave it in the hot box for up to 12 hours.
Workers can prepare their dinner in the morning and come home to a warm meal. There is no threat of burning at all! You can also use your hot box as a cooler bag - drinks will stay cold.
Hot Box has many advantages:
- It can reduce a family's fuel usage, saving money
- It lessens CO2 emissions
- It reduces toxic fumes which means less respiratory problems
- It eliminates fire and burning accidents in the kitchen, because stoves are used less
- It reduces time spent cooking, giving more time for other activities
- It saves water. When the pot is insulated in a Hot Box at a fairly constant temperature, less evaporation occurs, so less water is needed
- It saves food. There is no burning of food due to pots being placed on open fires.
What's in the box
2 x polystyrene covered in material